Do you remember the first time you entered your brand new conservatory and how it felt like? How about the time when sipping your tea or coffee while the sun was shining through the crystal clear conservatory roof?
Somehow with time you’ve lost that warm, cosy feeling without even noticing. And suddenly you have realized something has changed. You take a look up and find out why. The time has come for you to clean your conservatory roof inside and bring the light back in.
This task, however, is not that easy and it might be even dangerous if not done the proper way. Fortunately, here you’ll find some helpful guidance on how to do a thorough inside conservatory roof cleaning.
What’s the best way to clean the inside of a glass sloped conservatory roof
The best way to clean the inside of a glass sloped conservatory roof is to follow a simple step-by-step procedure and pay close attention to some safety guidelines along the way.
Here’s what you should do:
- Gather all the tools and cleaning equipment that you’ll need during the process
- Follow the process one step at a time
- Take care of your conservatory roof blinds if you have any
- Ensure your own safety and the safety of your family members and pets
What tools can you use to clean your conservatory roof on the inside?
The best way to clean a conservatory roof depends on the cleaning equipment you have and the height of your conservatory. There are lots of conservatory cleaning kits around the web which you can order or you can just grab all the tools you need from the local store. Here’s a list of the equipment you’ll need to properly do the job:
- Water fed pole/Extendable Pole
- Soap dispenser
- Soft brush head and squeegees
- Hose adaptor
- A ladder
- Some old sheets/ Oilcloth
- Microfiber Cloth
- А small hand-held window cleaning vacuum
Schedule an appointment for conservatory windows cleaning today!
What steps to follow for cleaning a conservatory glass roof from the inside
- Prepare all the cleaning equipment. Gather all the glass cleaning equipment you’ll need and place it near the conservatory – good preparation is half of the work and having your tools close by is essential.
- Cover the floor and all furniture with a sheet or oilcloth. Make sure to protect your furniture first. The soapy water can ruin your wooden floor, shelves or any kind of household belongings, so you either need to move them away or cover them up. The best protection material is oilcloth because it does the job and you can buy the cheapest one and reuse it later.
- Boil water – the best way to clean your conservatory windows is with purified water. Not everyone has a water purifying system but there is a way to purify the water you’ll be using – boil it for 10 or 15 minutes and leave it to cool off. The process will kill most of the germs and will eliminate all streaks making particles which will help to achieve better results.
- Fill up your spray bottle – fill it up with purified water and some liquid soap. You can also use a special conservatory cleaning liquid if you want to be fancy like that.
- Inspect the conservatory windows – look closer at your conservatory glass inside and pinpoint all difficult for cleaning spots. You must give them special attention.
- Prepare alcohol for cleaning if you are a smoker – cigarette smoke can really ruin your windows and make them all yellow. Washing it will be a real challenge but with our tips, you’ll manage just fine.
- Pre-treat the windows if yellow – You may need to pre-treat windows and sills with soapy water and alcohol. First, apply the alcohol then clean with soapy water.
- Rinse thoroughly – after you have removed all the dirt and you are satisfied with your conservatory windows, rinse thoroughly with purified water.
- Leave the windows dry on their own – your conservatory windows need to be left to dry naturally as it’ll bring the best results.
Some additional tips you can take advantage of while you are doing a conservatory roof internal clean:
- Avoid cleaning your conservatory roof inside when the weather is hot and sunny or otherwise the water on the overhead windows will dry out too fast and will leave streaks and marks. Another reason to avoid hot weather is your own comfort as the temperature inside the conservatory may rise significantly. All the evaporation and condensation can make you feel uncomfortable and exhausted. You can solve this problem by opening all doors and windows or use air conditioning if have installed one.
- Prevent any water damage to your property by using a small hand-held window cleaning vacuum. Some of these battery operated machines come with the option for extension pole installation. This convenient feature will make it even easier for you to reach the most distant and hard to clean areas of your internal conservatory glazing.
How to clean conservatory roof blinds?
Many homeowners have blinds in their conservatory which need a regular care as well. Here’s what you’ll need to clean them:
- A powerful vacuum cleaner
- A ladder
- A feather duster
The process of cleaning your conservatory blinds includes the following steps:
Cover your furniture with oilcloth or some sheets – you don’t want all the dust and grime to get in your furniture.
Vacuum your blinds – vacuum your blinds or alternatively use a feather duster to remove all the dust.
Inspect for dirt spots – If there are any spots on your white conservatory blinds you can use a normal cleaning detergent and a wet cloth to remove them.
How to stay safe while doing an interior glass conservatory roof cleaning
Some safety precautions you should follow while cleaning the inside of a conservatory roof include:
- Protect your kids and pets – the last thing you want while climbing on a ladder is having kids or pets running around.
- Put your ladder on a flat and stable ground – using your ladder on a wet, slippery or unstable surfaces is like rolling the dice with your own health and safety.
- Don’t use damaged equipment – broken or damaged ladders, extension poles or unstable buckets pose additional threat to your safety and should be avoided by any means.
- Have someone to hold your ladder – it’s always a good idea to have someone around handing you the tools and window cleaning equipment or supporting your ladder if it becomes unstable.
- Avoid using cleaning chemicals – they are potentially dangerous to your health if they are inhaled or absorbed through the skin and might be irritating to your eyes. Some chemical cleaning solutions might also damage the surface of your window glazing and it’s better for you to substitute them with more eco-friendly cleaning materials.
Now that you’ve finished with all the cleaning of your conservatory roof inside, you can sit back and relax with a cup of tea or coffee once again. The only difference this time is that you are twice happier because you’ve restored the bright and shiny look of your conservatory roof and you’ve done it all by yourself.